9/13/09

Renaissance Gown

This dress was created for no particular event but I thought it might come in handy in the future. It consists of a bodice I sewed (without a pattern) from fabric used to cover my dining room chairs, a red dress my Aunt gave to me, a long brown velvet skirt I found in my laundry room and a shoe lace.

Here are some pictures of each piece:

  

Step 1. The left over fabric from the dining room chairs was sewn into a three-piece renaissance bodice which laced up the back.

Step 2.  The front of the red dress was cinched up more to create a prettier neckline.

Step 3. Two slits were cut down the length of each sleeve so that they draped off the arms.

Step 4. The bodice was laced (by the shoe lace) over the red dress which was placed over the brown skirt. Then the side of the red dress was hitched up at one hip and the sleeves were pushed up above the elbow.

2 comments:

  1. I love the sleeves. Were they difficult?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, all I had to do was cut them open and then push them up above my elbows. It was one of the easier parts.

    ReplyDelete