The Nefertiti hat consists of a plastic bucket and top, paper, oil and acrylic paints, cardboard, dimensional craft paint and super glue.
1. The bottom was cut out of the plastic bucket.
2. The plastic bucket (with the top) was covered in paper.
3. The paper was painted a dark blue.
4. Two pieces of cardboard were cut to make the front yellow piece which comes down in front of the ears, and the yellow strip above the back of the neck.
5. The cardboard was painted yellow and glued onto the bucket.
6. The colorful strips of squares were painted onto the bucket.
7. The snake was put onto the front of the hat with yellow dimensional craft paint.
8. A dark yellow oil paint was used to accent the edges of the snake.
The Nefertiti jewelry consists of earring hooks, wire, beads, string, hem facing, snaps and super glue.
1. A selection of beads were put onto two segments of wire.
2. The segments of wire were shaped into circles and attached to the earring hooks.
3. A string of beads with a bead consistently looped back through so that it dangled was made using a needle and thread.
4. Another row of beads was sewn through the dangling bead of the first row and in between beads were looped back through so that they dangled from the second row.
5. Step 4 was repeated four more times.
6. A last row of beads was sewn through the sixth row of dangling beads to finish it.
7. Hem facing was glued over the ends of each side of the necklace.
8. Snaps were sewn onto the hem facing.
The Nefertiti dress consists of a blue skirt that I'm borrowing from my mom, a white tank top, a white nightgown, white sheer fabric, hem facing, wire, beads, a hook and eye and super glue.
1. The ruffles and sleeves were cut off of the nightgown.
2. A piece was cut out of the front of the nightgown.
3. The blue skirt was taken in so that it fit better.
4. A piece of sheer fabric was cut into a triangular shape and two of the points were tied together to make shawl which wraps over one shoulder and under the other arm.
5. Wire and beads were wrapped around a scarab bead and glued onto the red hem facing to create the belt.
6. The shawl and belt were placed over the nightgown which was placed over skirt and tank top.
Here is the whole costume: