9/21/09

Idea for Halloween '09

I've been thinking ahead and have decided to start a halloween costume early so I can spend a lot of time perfecting it. I had sketched out a few ideas of egyptians and mummies last year but decided on the masquerade gown instead since I didn't have the right pieces for an egyptian costume. But this year the pieces have begun to show up and I have started designing a Queen Nefertiti dress. I still am not perfectly sure if this is what I will be, but I'm hoping it will work out.

Here is a sketch of what I'm hoping I can get it to look like:


2 comments:

  1. That's awesome. But what are your ideas for making the head-piece?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm experimenting on that now. I wrapped a large bucket (like and ice cream bucket only taller) in paper, painted it to the right color and cut out the bottom so I could put it on my head. It's not as large as the head piece on the Nefertiti bust but it's pretty big. I'll post some pictures of it next week.

    ReplyDelete